Hippocampus

Stephen Black sblack at UBISHOPS.CA
Tue Oct 22 08:21:02 EST 1996

On 21 Oct 1996, Leochner wrote:
> <snip>
> I consider what I have been through to be facinating!!  I've been able to
> have the lovely WADA test. MRI lots and lots and lots of times, EEG
> stimulation...<snip>

Why "the lovely WADA test"? Does the injection produce a high? And if so,
does it vary with the hemisphere which has been anesthetized? Or was this
a sarcastic reference to discomfort associated with the test?

BTW, WADA is not an acronym like EEG and MRI, it's an eponym. J. Wada was
the researcher who developed it with T. Rasmussen.

Wada, J. & Rasmussen, T. (1960). Intracarotid injection of sodium Amytal for
  the lateralization of cerebral speech dominance. Journal of
  neurosurgery, 17, 266-282.

-Stephen
Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: sblack at ubishops.ca
Lennoxville, Quebec
J1M 1Z7
Canada