multiple sclerosis

Ron Blue rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU
Mon Oct 28 10:17:55 EST 1996

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, John King wrote:
> Is the cause of signs for MS due to demyelination?  Is it due to
> decreased nerve conduction?  Could nerve conduction increase if the
> nerve was stimulated more?
I belong to an emf discussion group.  Someone asked if magnets would
effect nerve conduction.  I said NO,  I don't think so.  Well apparently
they do, by reducing the firing rate.  If so large magnets may
reduce firing rates for MS patients.  If so the body may try to
adjust the firing rates and INCREASE myelination, thereby slowing
the disease down.  A harmonic entrainment may do help also as
a guess.  Any support pro or con for these ideas?  Ron Blue