Prozac

kenneth paul collins KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 29 23:25:17 EST 1996

Anselmo, for info on Prozac, point your browser to:

http://www.mentalhealth.com/fr30.html

I'm an independent scholar who has developed a unified
theory of CNS function. My view is that the usefulness of
all medications are relative to their effectiveness
with respect to infection. And with respect to such, there
is no end to the wonders that the pharmaceutical companies
have wrought on behalf of humanity.

However, it's my view that, because there has been such an
aura of "mystery" surrounding brain function, there  have
been abuses of pharmacological substances such as Prozac.
It's also my analysis that the mindset which accepts that
the information-processing dynamics of our brains can be
"re-engineered" through the administration of psychoactive
substances is the most-significant factor underpinning
illicit drug traffic.

Our brains are awesomely-capable information processors
that have been refined in evolution's fire over the course
of millions of years, yet because of the Ignorance that has
prevailed with respect to the way in which our brains
process information, and because of the powerful influences
of the companies that manufacture drugs, our society has
become one in which the casual use of psychoactive
substances - substances which actually transform "the"
brain into something other than a human brain - has not
only come to be accepted, but is continually the subject of
"legalization" campaigns.

The problem is that the drugs exist. The problem is that
they are prescribed in the absence of how our brains
process information. The brain's functioning is orchestral.
Psychoactive are like individual instruments. I'm not
saying that medications are "worthless". I'm saying that an
orchestra that cannot play in tune cannot be fixed by
hiring another player of this or that "instrument". So too
with the brain and psychoactive substances.

At the very minimum, any prescription of psychoactive
substances requires an accompanying intensive counseling
and education program, else all the drugs do is assure that
people will not, in fact, even experience human existence.

As far as I know, I stand alone in this view. This is a
very-"expensive" view to have.