[long, off topic info] decussation problem

miandan at geocities.com miandan at geocities.com
Thu Oct 31 15:00:39 EST 1996

> The phenomenon of decussation constitutes a portion of an
> elegant solution to the the infinitely-large problem of
> activating the effectors so that the body will move away
> from environmental sources of noxious stimulation.

Decussation has nothing to do with that.  It absolutely
does not matter which side of the brain sends the command
to move away from a noxious stimulus.

> When one studies the neural architecture of decussation, one
> finds that it enables the nervous system to activate the
> effectors "appropriately" by simply minimizing the
> topologically-distributed ratios of excitation to inhibition
> that are occuring within the nervous system.

I do not understand what you are trying to say.  What is
"a topologically-distributed ratio", and how can it be
minimized by decussation?

> That is, the neural architecture receives pain-stimulation
> "mountains", inverts them into neural-activation "valleys",
> and sends this "valley" activation back to the effectors,
> where the "valley" activation is "just the ticket" to the
> body's "moving away from" the environmental source of
> noxious stimulation.

May be, may be, but this has nothing to do with the decussation.

> This all works because everything within the CNS is
> rigorously mapped with respect to the body-environment
> interface.

Everything within the CNS may be mapped, but mapping is possible
without decussation.

> And it all reduces directly to what's described
> by the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics (WDB2T). ken collins

Clarify.  I do not understand what you mean.

> People hate because they fear,

Probably correct.

> and they fear because
> they do not understand,

What do you mean?  A rabbit does not understand that it may
be eaten by a wolf?

> and they do not understand
> because hating is less work than understanding.

Hating may be a lot of work.