Component placement optimization in the brain

Malcolm Young m.p.young at
Thu Sep 5 09:48:20 EST 1996

This month's Trends in Neurosciences contains a letter to the Editor
from Jack Scannell and me raising a number of problems with
Dr Christopher Cherniak's "Component placement optimization
in the brain" theory. The discussion of the issues we raise continues
in a variety of web pages, all of which can be reached from

So far these issues haven't been discussed very widely, and we would
be very interested to know what people think.

Malcolm Young