TGF-beta activity assays

z un691cs at
Thu Sep 26 03:56:56 EST 1996

we are working with on a relatively new member of the tgf-beta superfamily.
For this project, I am interested to find as many
activity assays for tgf-beta's as possible, so that we can begin
to figure out what possible activities of our factor may be.
Could you either point me to cell lines that react to
a broad range of tgf-betas, or to more literature on this topic ?
In this respect I have heard that Abé and Rifkin have constructed
a mink epithelium cell line, reactive to TGF beta 1-5.

Do you perhaps have an interesting cell line that we could use ?

Thanking you in advance.

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara