Physiology of learning

Ronald Blue rcb5 at MSN.COM
Fri Aug 1 23:03:08 EST 1997

>Can anyone give me any information on the structural changes of
>learning and how the brain "knows" that the change will provide
>the correct change.

A simple question.  A simple answer is that at this time no one knows
for sure what the answer to this question is.  Different people have
different theories or models.  Theories and models suggest answers
to your question.  All theories and models have problems.  The
question becomes does the theory or model help you understand
and is the theory or model reasonable under the circumstances
give our state of knowledge.

The seductive theory, I like is Correlational Opponent Processing
at http://www.neutronicstechcorp.com which uses wavelets, oscillons,
longterm potentiation, longterm desensitization, habituation, figure-
ground, and neuro transmitters to answer your questions.  It is
a wave/particle model which models in some way the Monto Carlo
Quantum Mechanical Calculation procedure for understanding why
electrons self correlation and perserve their learned relationship
by understanding the Coulomb force, electron spin, and superposition.
Normally, a model that is able to jump to other areas of understanding
is likely to be true.  Correlational Opponent Processing has been
sucessfully modeled in artificial intelligence.  The Correlational Opponent
Ratio Enhanced or CORE(tm) processor uses oppositional wavelets
and the natural tendency of electrons to self correlate to store information
by using charge polarity.  The upper limit on informational storage is
probably greater than 100 quintrillion qubits which may be greater
than a human.  Only time will tell which model is correct for answering
your question.
Ron Blue