Open letter to James Howard; "theorist"

James Woodson jwoodson at ucla.edu
Mon Aug 4 11:57:54 EST 1997

Have you ever produced any publishable DATA from an experiment meant to
TEST any of your hypotheses?

Theory should be derived from data following hypotheses that have weathered
the rigor of scientific experimentation.

I would propose that your "theories" are simply ideas at this stage, and
require some serious work before being "published" on the internet.  Keep
in mind that the internet is NOT a refereed journal, and therefore not a
good place to "publish."  You will not find acceptance of dataless theories
here, only criticism.

Good luck testing your hypotheses,   James Woodson

James C. Woodson* - Behavioral Neuroscience
U.C.L.A. Dept. of Psychology, Franz Hall
405 Hilgard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90095

  "While intelligence as we know it may be subject to certain limits,
ignorance is apparently under no such constraint." - James Woodson

* Research in mechanisms and loci of sexual differentiation of the brain,
motivated responding, developmental interactions between nerve growth
factors and endogenous gonadal steroids, evolutionary psychology, & learned
helplessness.  All opinions expressed are mine alone, and do not reflect
those of the Gorski Laboratory, nor of the University of California, Los
Angeles.