Reply to James Howard

James Woodson jwoodson at ucla.edu
Tue Aug 5 11:48:45 EST 1997

>> James Howard responds:
>Thank you for your advice.  Would you please share your opinion of my
>theory with me?

It is my opinion that your ideas would be better bourne out by speculating
less, forming testable, simple hypotheses, and conducting definitive
research to address specific aspects of the "theory".  One's conclusions
should stem from data, and not overreach the boundaries of said data.

More importantly, until you have published data to support YOUR theories,
they should not be thrown to the cyberwind and given for free to anyone
looking for good research ideas.  First to publish (for REAL, not on the
net) will get the credit for the theorizing.

Get into a lab, be productive, and submit the written work to a respectable
journal, not the WWW.

James Woodson

James C. Woodson* - Behavioral Neuroscience
U.C.L.A. Dept. of Psychology, Franz Hall
405 Hilgard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90095

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient
solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."  - Jules Henri
Poincare

* Research in mechanisms and loci of sexual differentiation of the brain,
motivated responding, developmental interactions between nerve growth
factors and endogenous gonadal steroids, evolutionary psychology, & learned
helplessness.  All opinions expressed are mine alone, and do not reflect
those of the University of California, Los Angeles.

P.S. You may be able to find out more about me by visiting my web site, at
http://ratbrainsex.psych.ucla.edu/