MK-801 ph

Joseph T. Ho jtho at neuron.neurosurgery.washington.edu
Mon Aug 4 23:27:32 EST 1997

Well, one thing you can do is to dissolve it in HBSS (Hank's Buffered Salt
Solution).  I guess it really depends on what you want to add it to.

You could look at the Materials and Methods section of some other papers where
MK-801 is used and see how they prepare it.  I just typed in MK-801 into
medline and got back 2238 references...

Joseph T. Ho, MS II                                    jtho at u.washington.edu
School of Medicine                                  University of Washington

Richard M. Hinchliffe (hinchlif at neuro.usc.edu) wrote:
: MK-801 is soluble to 6.0 mg/ml in water.  does anyone know what the ph of
: such a solution is or where a reference regarding this might be found?
: Any tips for buffering such a solution?  Artificial CSF does not seem to
: do the job.

: Thank you in advance for any help.
: Richard M. Hinchliffe