Please help!

Me iam at nowhere.com
Thu Aug 14 23:07:15 EST 1997

First, let me say that I know nothing about the brain or how it works.  My
field of work is broadcasting (I'm a DJ), so I'm an empty slate as far as
this subject goes.

Now, to the meat of the problem:  My father told me today that the
dendrites in his brain were "drying up" (his words), and that he was
experiencing memory loss as a result.  He had mentioned this rather
nonchalantly, as though he didn't wish to discuss it any further, so I
didn't.  But it left me wondering as to his state.

Of course, the first thing I did when I had a chance was hop on the web to
try and find out about these "dendrites", but I could find nothing.  So I
started looking under "Brain" in my Yahoo! search, and managed to find (in
a rather roundabout way) this UseNet group.

Please, could someone please e-mail me with an answer?  Am I worrying for
nothing?  Or should I have great cause to worry?  I'm at a loss here, and
I'm sincerely concerned for the well-being of my father.  What are the
effects of this "dendrite drying?"  I don't even know if I'm on the right
newsgroup.  If I'm not, someone please forward this to the appropriate
newsgroup.  As I said, I would greatly appreciate any response.  Please
e-mail me.  My address is ice_nine at post1.com.  Thanks in advance.