Can anyone name this book?

Stephen Black sblack at UBISHOPS.CA
Sat Aug 23 08:53:42 EST 1997

On 23 Aug 1997, Michael Hucka wrote:

> I recall some years ago coming across a book, a collection of neuroscience
> papers, that looked very worthwhile.  The problem is, now that I'd like to
> get a copy, I can't remember the title, or the authors, or even the
> publication year.  Not too smart, eh?
>
> So I'm hoping this will sound familiar to someone: the copy I saw was
> paperback, had (I think) a blueish or teal colored cover, and contained,
> among other things, famous papers from Hubel & Wiesel, Hodgkin & Huxley, and
> many others.  It was a thick book (probably 2-3 inches thick).

Here's a candidate book:

Gross, C., & Zeigler, H. (1969). Readings in Physiological Psychology:
  Neurophysiology/Sensory Processes. Harper and Row.

It reprints, among others, papers by Hodgkin, Eccles, Loewenstein, Wald,
Pfaffmann, von Bekesy, Mountcastle, MacNichol, and Lettvin (the ineffable
"What the frog's eye tells the frog's brain").

There's no Hubel, however, and it's a slim paperback, with a white cover
with a blue silhouette of a neuron on it.

That's not it, right?

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: sblack at ubishops.ca
Lennoxville, Quebec
J1M 1Z7                    Bishop's Department of Psychology web page at:
Canada                        http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy