Postdoctoral Position in Mitochondrial Research

James Dykens dykens at access1.net
Tue Aug 26 22:09:17 EST 1997

I am seeking a postdoctoral scientist with experience in cell physiology
and/or apoptosis to complement the ongoing work in my lab on
mitochondrial physiology and the role of mitochondrial collapse in
apoptosis.  We use a variety of classical and novel techniques to
monitor mitochondrial status, free radical production and apoptosis in
cybrid cell lines containing mitochondria from patients with
neurodegenerative diseases.

MitoKor is a privately held biotech company working on mutations we have
found in the mitochondrial genome that are associated with Alzheimer's,
Parkinson's and non-insulin dependent diabetes.  My group focuses on the
physiological consequences of these mutations at organellar and cellular
levels.

Experience with biochemistry, metabolic integration, apoptosis and/or
mitochondrial physiology.  This is a 2-year position (to start
immediately) with emphasis on developing cutting-edge technologies and
publication of results.

For more information see the MitoKor web page and contact:

Dr. Jim Dykens

dykensj at mitokor.com
11494 Sorrento Valley Rd.
San Diego, CA  92112