flourescence background

Bohlen.Hintz at t-online.de Bohlen.Hintz at t-online.de
Mon Dec 8 18:49:42 EST 1997

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997 23:24:14 -0800, Kevin Kanning
<kanning at u.washington.edu> wrote:

>Does anyone know of an available chemical blocking agent that lowers the
>background staining in texas red stains of neurons?

To answer this question, you have to give some additional
informations...
A chemical agent to block background staining ? I don´t know.
But try this first:
- Thinner sections (which may reduce the bachground)
- Don´t use glutardialdehyd as fixative, use paraformealdehyde or
something like that.
- Use for emmbedding fluoromount (serva), this will also reduce
background-staining)