(no subject)

Douglas B. Karel, M.D. libelul at alpha.wcoil.com
Fri Dec 26 10:28:40 EST 1997

Subject:
        Illegitimus Nil Corborundum
   Date:
        Fri, 26 Dec 1997 09:27:45 -0500
   From:
        "Douglas B. Karel, M.D." <libelul at alpha.wcoil.com>
     To:
        William Baumzweiger <Wb1321 at aol.com>

        [Fwd: Message from Internet]
   Date:
        Thu, 25 Dec 1997 21:16:50 -0500
   From:
        neuro at neurolist.mcg.edu
     To:

Happy Holidays everyone! Enjoy these cookies.

Mark.

 Subject:
        Message from Internet
   Date:
        Wed, 24 Dec 1997 20:58:16 -0500
   From:
        "Glen H. Pickover" <GHPickover at compuserve.com>
     To:
        "Meier, Edwin W." <Edwin.Meier at lexis-nexis.com>, Mat Bounds
<70012.3127 at compuserve.com>, Lisa Gruen <75561.2307 at compuserve.com>,
        Emmy Dunsker <EDunsker at interaccess.net>, "Thomas P. Jones"
<tjones1 at flash.net>, "Dr. Mark Loomus" <Mloomus at sylvania.sev.org>,
        "Okner, Karen & Dan" <Dockner at pol.net>, "Naor Wallach"
<MacGruff at email.msn.com>

Hello Everyone,
I just got this today and thought it might be interesting considering
the original costs $250.00. If anyone bakes this recipe please let me
know
if it is worth the bucks.
Harvey

Sue has been baking up a storm.  In fact she baked some famous cookies.
Here is  the recipe and the story behind it:
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THIS IS TRUE----PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT AND PLEASE SEND THIS
TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU KNOW WHO HAS AN E-MAIL ADDRESS....THIS IS
REALLY TERRIFIC.
 >My daughter & I had just finished a salad at Neiman-Marcus Cafe in
Dallas & decided to have a small dessert. Because both of us are such
cookie lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus Cookie."
It was so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe and
the
waitress said with a small frown, "I'm afraid not." Well, I said, would
you let me buy the recipe? With a cute smile, she said, "Yes." I asked
how much, and she responded, "Only two fifty, it's a great deal!" I said

with approval, just add it to my tab. Thirty days later, I received my
VISA statement from Neiman-Marcus and it was $285.00. I looked again and

I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for
scarf. As I glanced at the bottom of the statement, it said, "Cookie
Recipe - $250.00" that's outrageous!!  I called Neiman's Accounting
Dept.
and told them the waitress said it was "two-fifty," which clearly does
not mean "two hundred and fifty dollars" by any *POSSIBLE*
interpretation
of the phrase.  Neiman-Marcus refused to
budge. They would not refund my money, because according to them, "What
the waitress told you is not our problem. You have already seen the
recipe - we absolutely will not refund your money at this point."  I
explained to her the criminal statutes which govern fraud in Texas, I
threatened to refer them to the Better Business Bureau and the State's
Attorney General for engaging in fraud. I was basically told, "Do what
you want, we don't give a crap, and we're not refunding your money." I
waited, thinking of how I could get even, or even try and get any of my
money back. I just said, "Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm going

to have $250.00 worth of fun." I told her that I was going to see to it
that every cookie lover in the United States with an e-mail account has
$250.00 cookie recipe from Neiman-Marcus...for free.  She replied, "I
wish you wouldn't do this." I said, "Well, you should have thought of
that before you ripped me off," and slammed down the phone on her. So
here it is!!! Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can
possibly think of.  I paid $250 for this...I don't want Neiman-Marcus to

ever >get another penny off of
this recipe....
 (Recipe may be halved)
2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine

powder.)
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1- 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together
with
flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips,
Hershey Bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a
cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.
citizens!