What happens during fever?

Shelly Bower bower at ma.ultranet.com
Sat Feb 1 19:30:47 EST 1997

First let me say I know nothing of the mechanics of this, however I'm
a member of another newsgroup for the parents/caregivers of autistic
children and often it is commented upon that when some children with
autism get sick,  the parents report more speech, better cognitive
function and decreased undesirable behavior like stimming....
Interesting,  that fevers would have the opposite effect on these
children.  Anyway, if you'd like to post on that newsgroup
(bit.listserv.autism) there are people there that might have further
insight.

Shelly