Fever and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 3 00:10:33 EST 1997

re Neal Prakash's commentary: my reply to the original query (reply is
header #16908, at least via my server) discussed the IL-1 angle. In
addition to Linda Watkins re vagus, check out Robert Dantzer re
exploratory behavior, operant behavior, etc.

In my earlier comment, I speculated re IL-1 effect on Ne
(noradrenaline), the target most prominent in theories of ritalin
(etc.) action in ADD (although dopamine should not be ignored).  I did,
indeed find a very good review of IL-1 effects on classsical
neurotransmitters, including increasing Ne activity--but left it at
work!  will try to bring it home tomorrow.  Believe it was in
Neuroimmunology, 1996 or possibly 1995.

Frank LeFever
New York Neuropsychology Group