crying-neurobiology of

Laura J Miller ljmiller at iquest.net
Mon Feb 3 21:56:37 EST 1997

I am trying to piece together the effects of crying to sleep,
since there seems to be nothing in the literature.  I have
found some great stuff on the neurobiology of sleep.  Now,
I am trying to find *anything* on the neurobiology of crying.

*Please*, can anyone help?  The only thing I have been able to
find is research showing that in stroke studies, pathological
crying appears to be related to partial lesions of the raphe.
That's still not quite what I am trying to find.

There's got to be research out there on the hormones involved
in a crying spell.  When a person cries, what is going on?

Thanks!
Laura