Leslie E. Packer, PhD lpacker at
Tue Feb 4 22:41:39 EST 1997

Suggest you start with the homepage for the national Tourette Syndrome
Association, Inc.:

As to the biochemical changes, you'll find some info there on the
current research on dopaminergic dysfunction that has been observed.
TSA also has literature available/reprints that you can order.  Write
them at tourette at to ask for their catalog, or call them
at 718-224-2999.

As to other primates, there is one study that has reported TS in
horses, but I am not aware of any other species, offhand.  Dogs,
however, do have a fairly common tic (acral lick tic), but one tic
does not TS make.

Hope the above helps.

CALVIN at wrote:

>I am looking for Information about Tourette-Syndrom. For one thing I am
>intrested in the biochemical processes involved. Another question, which is
>of intrest to me, is if Tourette has ever been observed by primates. or is
>a disorder limited to the human?
>I am happy about any help I can get. Please Mail me the infos - if you have
>access to e-mail.
>cwilms at
>Thanks, Chris Wilms

"Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"