Tourette-Syndrom

Leslie E. Packer, PhD lpacker at pipeline.com
Tue Feb 4 22:41:39 EST 1997

Suggest you start with the homepage for the national Tourette Syndrome
Association, Inc.:

http://neuro-www2.mgh.harvard.edu/tsamain.nclk

As to the biochemical changes, you'll find some info there on the
current research on dopaminergic dysfunction that has been observed.
TSA also has literature available/reprints that you can order.  Write
them at tourette at ix.netcom.com to ask for their catalog, or call them
at 718-224-2999.

As to other primates, there is one study that has reported TS in
horses, but I am not aware of any other species, offhand.  Dogs,
however, do have a fairly common tic (acral lick tic), but one tic
does not TS make.

Hope the above helps.

CALVIN at SWEET.commo.mcnet.de wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I am looking for Information about Tourette-Syndrom. For one thing I am
>intrested in the biochemical processes involved. Another question, which is
>of intrest to me, is if Tourette has ever been observed by primates. or is
>it
>a disorder limited to the human?
>
>I am happy about any help I can get. Please Mail me the infos - if you have
>access to e-mail.
>
>cwilms at stud.uni-frankfurt.de
>
>Thanks, Chris Wilms

Leslie
---
"Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"