Alleged "Ufo" "Abductions" are only HALLUCINATIONS.

Peter Peter at brentano.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 01:27:42 EST 1997

In article <5dd94o$e55 at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, Kevin Spencer
<kspencer at s.psych.uiuc.edu> writes
>Just when bionet.neuroscience was getting boringly scientific...
>
>cyrano at twics.com (Claude de Contrecoeur*) writes:
>
>>The USA has been submerged by bizarre accounts of "Ufo abductions"
>>since the publishing of a book called "The Interrupted journey",more
>>than 20 years ago.
>
>>This  book gave the impetus for others to believe in such crazy
>>stories...
>>Movies such as the grotesque and childhish "X-Files" only spread these
>>delusions.
>
>>"Ufo" "abduction" became popular folklore in the USA,a country where
>>some people have lots of difficulties to distinguish between reality
>>and their imagination!
>
>Says someone posting from the UK...

[Err, who's from the uk? Claude? You?]

>home of the Piltdown Man, Loch Ness
>monster, House of Windsor, etc.

Ah. The house of windsor, better known as saxe-coburg-gotha, perhaps?

Well, there is a skit on UFO's in advert form over here. Man and woman
with deep south accents discuss bright lights to camera, style a la
documentary.  Eventually a peopleswagon golf turns up.

Then there are the ghosts and ghouls. I have Auto route uk, and the
options include 'sites of ghostly interest', or some such. Myself I
prefer the real ale pubs.  The hallucinations are far superior,
especially if the landlord is in the habit of adding nutmeg to the brew.
Yummmm.

>>The scientific study of hallucinations and consciousness(see:
>
>>http://dog.net.uk/claude     )
>
>>demonstrate that purported alien abductions are only hallucinatory
>>phenomena.
>>ALL "abductions" reports are misinterpreted phenomena
>>hallucinatory in nature.
>
>What about Bigfoot sightings?  Explain those!

Too much Black Bush? Not enough?

>[snip]
>
>Needing more coffee today,

Needing more 'Paddy' today,