Alleged "Ufo" "Abductions" are only HALLUCINATIONS.

Samson staring at my.screen
Fri Feb 7 17:50:51 EST 1997

>> Who is that Canadian researcher who links abduction phenomena to temporal
>> lobe seizures ..
>
>His name is Michael Persinger and he is at Laurentian University, Sudbury.
>Author of the "Neurological Basis of the God Belief".
>
>> perhaps induced by plate tectonic activity?
>
>Nah.  He is into some pretty way out stuff, but not that.

Actually, a quick look at a list of his published work indicates that he
is that "way out"...

Persinger, M.A., & Derr, J.S. Geophysical variables and behavior: LXXIV.
Man-made fluid injections into the crust and reports of luminous phenomena
(UFO reports)--Is the strain field an aseismically propagating
hydrological pulse? Perceptual and Motor Skills, 1993, 77, 1059-1065.

Derr, J.S., & Persinger, M.A. Geophysical variables and behavior: LXXVI.
Seasonal hydrological load and regional luminous phenomena (UFO reports)
within river systems, The Mississippi River test. Perceptual and Motor
Skills, 1993, 77, 1163-1170.

Persinger, M.A. Out-of-body-like experiences are more probable in people
with elevated complex partial epileptic-like signs during periods of
enhanced geomagnetic activity: a nonlinear effect. Perceptual and Motor
Skills, 1995, 80, 563-569.

Persinger, M.A. Enhancement of limbic seizures by nocturnal application of
experimental magnetic fields that simulate the magnitude and morphology of
increases in geomagnetic activity.International Journal of Neuroscience
(1996, in press).

FWIW...

Speaking of "way out", here's one I'd like to read...

Persinger, M.A. The possibility of directly accessing every human brain by
electromagnetic induction of fundamental algorithms. Perceptual and Motor
Skills, 1995, 80, 791-799.

--
smisch at tiac.net (emoticons implied by context)

"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference." -- William James