Anoxic Insult is not a Traumatic Brain Injury -- HELP

Michael Zaborowski zaborowski.3 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 7 21:04:50 EST 1997

My daughter at 11 suffered an anoxic brain injury secondary to a cardiac
arrest caused by a parvo-viral heart infection. She collapsed playing
softball.

She has fought hard to recover, and she is doing well except for education...
While an honor student prior, she has still not regained; reading, writing,
and math. She has many cognitive imparements.

The state of Ohio has a SpEd category of TBI. Yet we are being told an anoxic
brain injury is not a traumatic brain injury. Our Nuero and physicians cannot
believe anoxia is being excluded; same range of potential symptoms, and same
range of rehab concepts.

Chris was prior to the accident perfectly healthy, and she again is; her heart
returned to normal three days after the accident.

PLEASE REPLY TO MAIL WITH YOUR OPINIONS OF ANOXIA NOT BEING CATEGORIZED AS A
TBI.

We are challenging the opinion, and any responses would be helpful.

Thanks;

Michael D. Zaborowski MA LSW