More Co2 = less brains?

Richard. smu96rje at reading.ac.uk
Mon Feb 10 16:34:30 EST 1997

          This letter was brought to you by Richard James Edgar
                                   ---
       Whose nice comfy Gorilla slippers have holes in their soles!

On Sat, 8 Feb 1997, Jay Hanson wrote:

> Obviously, more atmospheric Co2 means less O2 available as
> percentages of total gases.  I remember reading, quite some
> time ago, that as the Co2 percentage goes up, the cognitive
> abilities of man are decreased.

Human beings only use 20% of the air they breathe in anyway so even if the
percentage oxygen in the atmosphere halves (would require *HUGE* raise in
CO2 levels) then we would still be okay.

What i am saying is that unless there is a 3-4000%+ rise in CO2 levels we
are safe! :)