Alleged "Ufo" "Abductions" are only HALLUCINATIONS.

Michael Babyak mbabyak at acpub.duke.edu
Mon Feb 10 10:22:27 EST 1997

I haven't read the book cited below, so I don't know if he has included
information about the ancient Greeks reporting a similar phenomenon.  A
good friend of mine (a graduate student in Classics) has come across
writings from the time that talk about abduction, though not by 'aliens,'
but by the gods of the day.

Robert Nicholson. (Farel at msn.com) wrote:
: Try having a read of :
: Schumaker, J. (1995) The Corruption of Reality: A Unified theory of
: Religion, Hypnosis, & Psychopathology. Prometheus Books New York.
: The author is my supervising professor. His material makes a good launching
: pad for serious critical discussion of these issues from the perspective of
: an informed psychology.
: --
: Robert J. Nicholson
: Farel at msn.com

: Peter <Peter at brentano.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
: <UzlHdkAets+yEwgv at brentano.demon.co.uk>...
: > In article <5dd94o$e55 at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, Kevin Spencer
: > <kspencer at s.psych.uiuc.edu> writes
: > >Just when bionet.neuroscience was getting boringly scientific...
: > >
: > >cyrano at twics.com (Claude de Contrecoeur*) writes:
: > >
: >> -- Etc see message
: > Peter
: >

* Mike Babyak, PhD			(919) 684-8843		*
* Department of Psychiatry		(919) 684-8629		*
* Behavioral Cardiology Laboratory	babya001 at mc.duke.edu	*
* Duke University Medical Center	mbabyak at acpub.duke.edu	*
* Durham, NC 27710						*
* http://niles.mc.duke.edu/behcard/index.html			*