More Co2 = less brains?

Jeroen Schaap Schaap at
Thu Feb 13 12:00:53 EST 1997

In article <5dni5v$ptv at>,
   patrick at (Patrick Juola) wrote:
:I'm saying that it does not do so by binding more tightly to the blood
:hemoglobin than oxygen does.
:	Patrick

Hmm. Not completely true. I don't rem binding params for CO2 versus O2. But one
heamoglobin can bind 4 O2 and only 1 CO2.

A man conducting a gee-whizz science show with fifty thousand dollars' worth of
Frankenstein equipment is not doing anything scientific if he knows beforehand
what the results of his efforts are going to be. A motorcycle mechanic, on the
other hand, who honks the horn to see if the battery works is informally
conducting a true scientific experiment.

							Robert M. Pirsig

         Faculty of Medicine, Leiden University
phone:   (0)71-5276763
e-mail:  SCHAAP at