More Co2 = less brains?

Jeroen Schaap Schaap at rullf2.medfac.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Feb 13 12:11:05 EST 1997

In article <Pine.SCO.3.95.970210085302.8009G-100000 at lex.lccc.edu>,
   rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU (Ron Blue) wrote:
:As CO2 levels increase in the ocean the bones of animals will be desolved
:away.  250 million years ago the CO2 level were very high in the ocean and
:was associated with a large die out of 98%.  I was wondering if bones
:came from a build up of calcium deposits in muscles to over come the
:high CO2.  The bones are modified muscle tissue.  When the CO2 droped
:the bones formed for the first time internally.
:
:Ron Blue
:
:

1st:
You say a lot here, and you line of argumentation is not vey clear to me. Can
you be more stepswise please?

2nd:
Please consider that bones are necessary for striped (*i don't know
the english term., but i mean those muscles that are not called smooth*)
muscle-tissue to function.

Jeroen

A man conducting a gee-whizz science show with fifty thousand dollars' worth of
Frankenstein equipment is not doing anything scientific if he knows beforehand
what the results of his efforts are going to be. A motorcycle mechanic, on the
other hand, who honks the horn to see if the battery works is informally
conducting a true scientific experiment.

							Robert M. Pirsig

         Faculty of Medicine, Leiden University
phone:   (0)71-5276763
e-mail:  SCHAAP at rullf2.MedFac.LeidenUniv.nl