neuroscience depts. nationwide

M. Mason mmason at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Mon Feb 17 18:04:22 EST 1997

Hello all --

Seeking information regarding neurology departments in university
hospitals -- although I attend college at a school boasting the largest
teaching hospital nationwide, neurology is way out of my field, and
besides, this research is not for school.

Cutting rapidly to the chase -- I would like to know from you, the people
who work in this area, any information you can offer in answer to the
following two questions.

	How well DOES the University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics stack up
in the area of neuroscience, specificalally research into Lou Gehrig's
disease?  Who is BETTER?

	Does anyone know of a hospital or special organization in the
tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut) which has made any
significant advances in the area of Lou Gehrig research?