Book Review - The Cerebral Code

Ron Blue rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU
Mon Feb 17 12:21:25 EST 1997

On 17 Feb 1997, Harlan Harris wrote:

> processes have been done. The thought-experiments are interesting and
> promising, but a very clear goal for future research seems to me to be
> evaluating the theoretical power of the mechanism proposed. Can this model do
> everything it is asked to do? Are there homunculus problems with setting up
> the Darwinian landscape (the barriers Calvin talks about)? Humans, with
> training, can do formal logic; can this model do that? I've been unable to
> find anything on Calvin's web page, or elsewhere, about these types of
> questions. Does anyone know if that type of research is ongoing anywhere?
Subject: unification model confirmed by learning robot

Robot at http://www.aston.ac.uk/~batong/Neutronics
which uses Correlational Opponent Ratio Enhanced or CORE processing (TM)
based on opponent wavelets and oscillons.

unification model:  Correlational Opponent-Processing
                    available by email request only

KEYWORDS: correlational opponent-processing, opponent process,
wavelets, neuro net, excitatory, inhibitory, EXIN, oscillation,
holographic, eigenfunction, chaos, nerves, habituation, discorrelation,
memory, sensations, perceptions, emotions, evolution, brain damage

Abstract:

The correlational opponent-processing theory using wavelets, quasi-
holographic memory and eigenfunction equivalence generates new insights
into many areas of psychology.  The model seems especially strong in
joining many contradictory scientific facts into an unifying whole.
Significant implications from the model exist for a wide range of
psychological topics and principles.

The correlational opponent-processing theory is a neuro homeostasis
integration psychological immune theory that would connect phenomena
such as sensation, perception, movement, habituation, memory,
representations, learning, cognition, personality, psychopathology,
paradoxical integration, emotion, and evolution of the mind under a
unified theory.

All brain activity may be viewed as an effort to assimilate and
accommodate all experience into neuro-energy-efficient eigenfunction
equivalence or quasi-holographic correlational opponent-processing
recordings.

Stimuli causes brain wave modulations which interact with carrier or
reference wavelets.  This interaction creates a quasi-holographic
stimulus wavelet.  The opponent-process creates an opposing quasi-
holographic memory wavelet.  Through this process the correlations or
associations of experience are encoded to memory.  Every wavelet,
regardless of source or type, triggers an opposing wavelet.  The
function of the opposing wavelet or feedback is to diminish the
intensity of neural processing.  A wavelet potential is stored or hard
wired as long-term potentiation opponent-processes in nerve cells and
the interconnections between nerve cells.  The wavelets are quasi-
holographic and allow recovery of information due to the interaction of
reference carrier wavelets and stimuli, thought, motor movement, and
emotional arousal.