Seizure 'auras' vs temporal lobe seizures

Lisa Hamilton LisaHamilton at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 17 03:11:50 EST 1997

Hello,

I'm looking to find out the difference between a seizure 'aura' and
what happens in a temporal lobe seizure.  My research can only point
to motor-like tics with temporal lobe seizures, but the rest of the
temporal lobe seizure description looks identical to me.

I suffered a TBI last April 16th in an automobile accident where a van
ran a red light and slammed into my drivers side door.  I had 3
generalized seizures as soon as I was intubated in the ER.  I was
hospitalized for nearly a month. (Surgical Intensive Care Unit for 5
days, on to my HMO hospital once I was stabilized enough to transport,
and then a rehabilitation hospital)  Everything I have read says that
I am EXTREMELY lucky to have come so far already (or even to still be
more-or-less myself).

But I do have what I term as 'nausea fits'.  I started keeping a
journal of what I eat and what I do each day, but so far I can't see a
connection.  Strange side note...the 'auras' have decreased since I
stopped taking Dilantin.

Please - anyone with any information or suggestions - help me.

Lisa