kinetics of COMT

Dr David Nicholl d.j.nicholl at bham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 19 12:49:52 EST 1997

MR CS BOYD wrote:

> I would appreciate it if someone could help me the following info regarding
> neuronal COMT :
> Km value for S-adenosylmethionine (its cofactor)
> Km values for the substrates : dopamine, noradrenaline, L-dopa
>
> It was also be extremely helpful if you can please cite a reference source
> for the values obtained.
>
> Thank you
> Clinton Boyd
Have you looked at Lotta et al. Kinetics of human soluble and
membrane-bound catechol 0-methyltransferase. Biochemistry
1995,34:4202-4210? Although I'm not aware of any work which has
specifically looked at 'neuronal COMT'. Since membrane bound COMT is the
predominant form in the CNS, this paper may help you.

--
Yours Sincerely,

Dr David Nicholl
Dept of Neurology