artificial CSF

Jeroen Schaap Schaap at
Thu Feb 20 10:49:52 EST 1997

In article <856362148.14599 at>, jmecca at wrote:
:Does anyone know of a company that sells artificial cerebral spinal
:fluid? I have requests for at our company and I would like to know who I
:could refer these people to.
:     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

Most electrophysiologists make this solution themselves. So do I. But I have
some references using 'prefab' :-) solutions. Eg The journal of neuroscience,
march 1989 9(3):1073-1081. The first I've stambled across. RA Prosser et allii
use Earle's minimum Salt solution (GIBCO). I think SIGMA has it's own too.

For more info, you can always do a medline request.

A man conducting a gee-whizz science show with fifty thousand dollars' worth of
Frankenstein equipment is not doing anything scientific if he knows beforehand
what the results of his efforts are going to be. A motorcycle mechanic, on the
other hand, who honks the horn to see if the battery works is informally
conducting a true scientific experiment.

							Robert M. Pirsig

         Faculty of Medicine, Leiden University
phone:   (0)71-5276763
e-mail:  SCHAAP at