How can an engineer learn from neuroscientists

Madhusudan Natarajan nutty at brain
Fri Feb 28 23:08:07 EST 1997

junior1 at ibm.net[BernieArruza] wrote:
: Hi,

: I joined the New York Academy od Sciences, because membership permits me
: to get books (annals-this word makes me very unconfortable <G>) written
: by neuroscientists. Are there more groups of computational neuroscientists
: (like Carver Mead's - California Institute of Technology) OR are there
: neuroscientists working with electrical engineers? What do they publish?
: Any other societies that could be interesting to me?

: There is a huge void between the engineering disciplines and the neurosciences
: and we all lose.
:

I'm not sure that there is such a huge void. I think several biomedical
engineering departments often bridge across this chasm. I for on am a EE,
but switched completely to neurophys. I've heard tho' of a couple of
groups in switzerland and germany. Can dig up the names in a little bit.

Problem with computational neuroscience is that I guess its increasingly
more difficult to publish only simulation studies and more physiologists
have started using models as tools, but they dont stay restricted to only
the computationals apects.

--
Madhusudan Natarajan
					..and still partly at..

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has
data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of
theories to suit facts."    - Sherlock Holmes