Replicating LeVay

James Woodson jwoodson at ucla.edu
Wed Jul 9 18:37:53 EST 1997

>you know, simon levay took *a lot* of criticism for his work - that paper
>was 92 or 93?  i think it is worth noting here as well that there has been
>no subsequent publication by levay which claims any replication of his
>findings (surely, he must have tried, no?)
>
>colleen specht

No, he did not.   LeVey left science to start a gay college in west
Hollywood.  JW

Criticism is a part of scientific progress.  Don't feel sorry for LeVay,
he's still the biggest name in the field among the laypublic.  One study,
right to the top.  Who can criticise that?

James C. Woodson* - Behavioral Neuroscience
U.C.L.A. Dept. of Psychology, Franz Hall
405 Hilgard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90095

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient
solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."  - Jules Henri
Poincare

* Research in mechanisms and loci of sexual differentiation of the brain,
motivated responding, developmental interactions between nerve growth
factors and endogenous gonadal steroids, evolutionary psychology, & learned
helplessness.  All opinions expressed are mine alone, and do not reflect
those of the University of California, Los Angeles.

P.S. You may be able to find out more about me by visiting my web site, at
http://164.67.14.19