Gorski, Swaab, & LeVay (gay biology)

epibatidine randall.braun at gecits.ge.com
Thu Jul 10 19:00:37 EST 1997

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997 18:04:30 -0400, cmspecht at acsu.buffalo.edu wrote:

>you know, simon levay took *a lot* of criticism for his work - that paper
>was 92 or 93?  i think it is worth noting here as well that there has been
>no subsequent publication by levay which claims any replication of his
>findings (surely, he must have tried, no?)
>
>colleen specht

As far as I can recall LeVay has not published any further work on
this subject in a peer-reviewed publication. There may be further info
in his book. He did mention at the SFN meetings in Anaheim, CA a few
years ago that he had done further studies that included one
homosexual male subject that hadn't  died from AIDS-related
complications. He claimed that his results from this one patient were
consistent with his earlier published results.