Connection between man and machine?

Hannah Dvorak hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 10 20:20:42 EST 1997

In article <33C4DA03.C39D0CE3 at alfa.mbb.ki.se>, wrobel at alfa.mbb.ki.se says...

>Hello out there...
>
>Some time ago I asked about a group doing the research about connecting
>nerves to microchips. I got a lot of hints, most of them pointing to
>Peter Fromhertz in Munich.
>Now I would like to know, if he is the only one, doing research in that
>field. Are there any other groups anywhere in the world working at
>something similar? And if so, where?

Check out the following:

http://www.caltech.edu/~pinelab/Pinelab.html

The web site is somewhat out of date - for example, I am no longer
working in that lab - but Jerry Pine's lab is still working on growing
mammalian cells in intimate contact with a multielectrode array.  Last
I heard, they'd finally gotten some successful recordings.

- Hannah Dvorak-Carbone

--
Hannah Dvorak-Carbone
Division of Biology 216-76