Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide (CGRP)

Steve Alexander Steve.Alexander at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 11 15:33:27 EST 1997

LDN at the NIH wrote:

> Does anyone know of where I could get a good reference for calcitonin
> gene-realted peptide. I am a summer student at the NIH and I can't seem
> to find a good explanation of what it is and what it does.
>
> Thanks
>
> Charlesly Joseph
> Brown PLME '01

CGRP is a small-ish peptide with a variety of effects on the nervous
system.
There are a couple of decent reviews on CGRP receptors: Muff et al.
(1995) Can.J.Physiol.Pharmacol. 73, 963-967; Poyner (1995) Trends in
Pharmacol.Sci. 16, 424-428.
--
@+@ Steve Alexander, Biomedical Sciences, University of
Nottingham Medical School, Nottingham NG7 2UH     UNITED KINGDOM