Gamma-OH in Autism

Ernesto Garcia elloyd at nyx.nyx.net
Fri Jul 11 21:29:56 EST 1997

In article <33BB1A92.5035 at netcomuk.co.uk> AlanC+ <achallon at netcomuk.co.uk> writes:

>> Gamma-OH works on the human psyche by increasing sociability.
>>
>Can you explain its psycho-pharmacology please ?

   Sorry that I'm almost guessing at the answer to this, hopefully, Claude
   or someone else will shortly come up with a more insightful answer...
   from what I understand, there's some evidence that glucose use in
   Autistics brain is somewhat different to that of its Neuro-typical
   counterpart. Maybe Gamma-OH helps glial (sp?) cells to work more
   efficiently?

E.G.
 :/\\ :/\\//\\  elloyd at nyx.nyx.net    / Fidonet: Ernesto Garcia  1:106/2000.0
 _____________  -- Public -- Replying on echo? Please notify me by e-mail.