structure of an instinct

Yusuke Uchiyama yusuke at kais.kais.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jul 11 21:27:12 EST 1997

Bradley Monroe Cooke wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I'm interested in instincts, innate perceptual biases and their basis in
> the brain. How does one begin to discern the computational rules and
> structures that underlie these abilities? Can these qualities be discerned
> through developmental neurobiology? I'm particularly interested in the
> neural origins of sexual attraction and orientation.
>
> --
> bradley cooke
>
> you are the eyes of the world.
>                  --Robert Hunter

I'm interested in instincts, too. I'm particularly interested in the
neural basis of the evolution of social behaviors of insects, including
mating.

I think that we can disthern those qualities which you mentioned by
developmental neurobiology, and we can discern the principle which gave
rise to society.

Yusuke Uchiyama