structure of an instinct

F. Frank LeFever flefever at
Sat Jul 12 10:14:01 EST 1997

Let me recommend studies by several old professors of mine (at City
College, NYU, and Museum of Natural Hisory  in NYC): T.C.Schneirla,
Daniel Lehrman, Jay Rosenblatt, and Ethel Tobach.  You should include
sources 40 yrs old in your literature search--only Jay and Ethel are
still alive and publishing.

This group has tried to see how minimal genetically-determined
tendencies might interact with prenatal and postnatal interactions with
the organism's environment in gradual development of what we eventually
recognize (when developed enough) as "instinctive" or species-specific

Frank LeFever
New York Neuropsychology Group