Cannibinoid receptor in Human brain and Medical Marijuana

uhs0403 at ohsu.edu uhs0403 at ohsu.edu
Mon Jul 28 14:46:10 EST 1997

In article <33da3742.0 at seashell.california.com> holson at california.com (Howard Olson) writes:
>From: holson at california.com (Howard Olson)
>Subject: Cannibinoid receptor in Human brain and Medical Marijuana
>Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 17:15:00 GMT

>        The recently discovered receptor for anandamide (the endogenous
>cannibinoid ligand in the human central nervous system) raises serious
>question about the the legitimacy of opposing Medical uses of
>Marijuana.

Just out of curiousity, what Medical uses of Marijuana did you have in mind?
And what is the significance of the "discovery" of anandamide receptors?

>        It is high time that OBJECTIVE scientific research about marijuana was
>conducted. The government is intrinsically biassed in this area and
>thus research by workers outside the USA is required for true
>scientific analysis off this issue to be possible.

What gap in research, i.e., what is not known that you wish to know, do you
feel exists? Given the appropriate care taken for human subjects, I don't know
that illicit drug research is prohibited. Indeed if that were the case than
this discovery could not be possible.