Henri Laborit's work

Mélanie Louis.Bernatchez at sie.qc.ca
Sun Jun 1 11:45:26 EST 1997

On 1 Jun 1997 03:56:38 GMT, flefever at ix.netcom.com(F. Frank LeFever)
wrote:

>In <33907c9f.2206431 at news.sie.qc.ca> Louis.Bernatchez at sie.qc.ca
>(Mélanie) writes:
>>
>>I'm a french student. I would like to know how are actually seen H.
>>Laborit's experimentals results; should I read "Les comportements" and
>>"L,inhibition de l'action"? Thanks.
>>
>>Mélanie.
>
>I must confess tht the name is not familiar to me, so I am curious: can
>you tell me when Laborit's work was done? in what area? published when?
>where?
Henri Laborit 14-95, french biologist. He published since 1950.
Chlorpromazine : first tranquillizer. Artificial hibernation. Others
drugs with action on psycho permitted financing his laboratory on
organic agression.-->GHB is popular of this times. His works on
organic reaction to agression precised mecanism of some
psycho-pathologics and solutions to anesthesy and reanimation. Biology
of human behaviors lead him to human sciences. Systemic
integration(cybernetic). He wrote many lage-public books and some
scientifics ones(I don't know if many been translated in english) :
- "Les comportements. biologie, physiologie, pharmacologie". 1973.
Masson & Cie, Paris.
-"L'inhibition de l'action. Biologie comportementale et
physio-pathologie.". première édition1979. Deuxième édition revue et
augmentée 1986. Masson, Paris.

>"comme regarde'" ?  i.e. how is this work "regarded" (in English)?
>i.e. what opinion do people have of it??  Or am I misinterpreting?
Did his experimental results been verified?(not how regarded; we are
supposed to be objectives)