Bicuculline and muscimol---GABA

Richard Vickery Richard.Vickery at unsw.edu.au
Sun Jun 1 08:30:47 EST 1997

In article <338D449F.6436 at uclink4.berkeley.edu>,
   matt wachowiak <mattw at uclink4.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>Tim Hays wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know how long Bicuculline or muscimol can stay frozen in
>> deionized water without significant degredation?  Also, do these
>> substances dissolve into a water "easily"?  Thanks in advance
>> for any help!
>> --
>> _____________________________________
>
>Bicucculine is not very soluble in water, but bicucculine methiodide
>is. If you do manage to get bicucculine into solution and freeze it it
>wil most likely come out of solution upon thawing. Muscimol is freely
>soluble and can be stored for long periods without significant
>degradation. That is my experienece at least.

Yep,

Our bicuculline methiodide was active after up to 6 months frozen storage.

Richard Vickery                  Our quest is for Meaning,         \ /
Physiology & Pharmacology          but the meaning is The Quest.  (oVo)
UNSW, Australia                                                   )   (
http://acsusun.acsu.unsw.edu.au/~s8970107/     Life's a Hoot!      ^ ^