information about doing vagotomies in rats

Tamara L. Bushnik tamarab at leland.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jun 6 13:04:37 EST 1997

Our lab is starting a protocol which requires us to perform a
subdiaphragmatic vagotomy in the rat. However, we are having problems
finding out exactly how to do this procedure. More precisely, what is the
best way to visualize and access the two trunks located near the
esophagus. If anyone has any information, we would appreciate hearing from
you. We can be contacted by e-mail at tamarab at leland.stanford.edu or by
phone (415) 493-5000 ext. 63580 (ask for Felicia). Also, if there is
anyone in the Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) area who is performing this
procedure and wouldn't mind an observer for the operation, please let us
know.

Thanks for the help.