Di-I & Di-O tracers.

AI Group aigr at psychology.nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 5 10:57:24 EST 1997

I am currently attempting to differentially stain invertebrate muscle
innervation (Locust extensor tibiae, btw) using two lipophillic tracers,
Di-I and Di-O, in order to examine synapse elimination in an
invertebrate muscle.  Does anyone have any recent experiences as regards
to the best methods for using these dyes (eg, comparing intracellular
injections with direct insertion of crystals into nerve bundles; using
living or fixed tissue, etc)? Any pointers or advice greatly
appreciated.

Cheers, Adam.

Reply to:
	acm at psychology.nottingham.ac.uk

Adam Maddison				e-mail: acm at psychology.nottingham.ac.uk
Dept. of Psychology,		phone:  +44 (0)115 951 5151 ext. 8366
University of Nottingham,	fax:	+44 (0)115 951 5324
UK.