Perforated patches - how?

Udo Kraushaar kraushaa at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 7 19:29:40 EST 1997

>> I'd like to perform perforated patches with Gramicidin. Actually I tried
out a>> receipe where G. is solved in DMSO (5 mg/1ml). when I add this stock
to my>> pipette solution the G. falls out. Using Methanol instead of DMSO I
had the>> same result. Now: Why?
>> My pipette solution contains KCl, CaCl2, EGTA, MgCl2, Na2ATP and HEPES.

>Did you try lower concentrations of Gramicidin or did you sonify your
>solution after dissolving?
>Alex

I sonicate it for 20 sec after vortexing it 1 min. I also sonicated my
end-solution once, but there was still some fallout. I store the gram.-powder
in the frige, it is 1/2 year old. Too old?

Udo