Valerian + Lavender Hallucinations:Serendipity!

Claude de Contrecoeur cyrano at pasdemerdetwics.com
Tue Jun 10 08:21:10 EST 1997

Vers 23:38 09/06/1997 -0700, vous écriviez:

really enjoyed your post--but how did you ever discover this
combination???? I would have never thought of something simple like
this
Do you study this stuff or what?

Ciao,

I found that by serendipity!
I had a sore throat and decided to try lavender essential oil for
this,as it is supposed to be good for infections and ulcerations.To my
surprise it worked!
By a coincidence I was just trying to see what were the psychotropic
effects of valerian essential oil.
And so I found these amazing holographic hallucinations!
Maybe it is an idiosynchrasic reaction?? I do not know.But it would be
very interesting to know if others can repeat my
observations,obviously!
I strongly feel that this is dosage dependent.
So the mixture should be experimented at different doses.
What is amazing is the nature of these beautiful static
hallucinations,together with the intensity of the 3 d effect.
The observed hallucinations are completely holographic and look like
real objects observed under low light conditions a bit,let say,like
under the moon light.Maybe higher dosages would increase the
luminosity of these hallucinations? I do not know as I do not like the
stimulant effects(on me)of valerian.
Anyhow,this raises the question:on what receptors this combination
acts?
Obviously,at least to me,not at serotoninergic receptors.I never
observed something like this with a 5-HT2a agonist.

Cheers,

Claude

Note:In the european litterature many essential oils derived from some
labiateae(like origanum majorana,salvia officinalis,etc)are supposed
to be hallucinogenic at high doses(thuyone?).