Henri Laborit's work

Michel Ladouceur mladouce at gaitlab.physocc.mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 11 11:01:30 EST 1997

Mélanie,

Dr Laborit`s work hasn`t been introduced into the english litterature much.
 So this is why most probably most of the american readers don`t know about
him.

For me, L'inhibition de l'action was a very important reading.  Giving rise
to a lot of questions about How we do science.  His work also on the
systemic aspect of any behavior whereas whole organism or multiple cell
aggregates was very important.  I am not sure, however, if his work has
been reproduced somewhere else since my field of study is more into motor
control and, I must confess, I haven`t had a lot of time lately to search
outside my field.

So I strongly recoomend you do read his work just for the fun of havi g a
fresh outlook on the neurosciences.

Michel Ladouceur, PhD(c)
McGill University
School of P & O T