Anyone know about spinal fluids?

Mary-Pat Beaton bulldogs at auracom.com
Sun Jun 15 15:06:21 EST 1997

I've been searching the web all day trying to find out about cerebro-spinal
fluid, and what happens when you've got too much of it.  My aunt had a
myelogram in something like 1974, at which time they inject your fluid with a
dye of some sort, and has a few times since then been asked if she would allow
the doctors to drain some of the fluid from her spine.  She won't let them,
because the procedure was just horrid to her the first time.  Anyway, they
insisted that it wouldn't have any adverse effects.  But she's been having
some wicked leg and knee problems in the last two years and nobody can seem to
tell her what it is. She's had surgery but that didn't work.  Now we're
looking into the possibility that it might be a neurological condition of some
sort - maybe MS, but I'm not a doctor, so I can only try so hard.  Anyway, the
doctors are just not helping us and she's at her wit's end, because she can
hardly walk some days.  It's very weird.  Does anyone have any suggestions as
to where I can try?

MP
vixen at atcon.com