awareness deficits after anoxia

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 16 21:27:52 EST 1997

You seem knowledgeable about the anatomy and at least one (not mass
marketed) procedure for evaluating the frontal aspect, soo I am a
little puzzled about your question.  Do you doubt the obvious, or is it
that you are simply throwing out a challenge (a thought experiment?) to
us?

If you are not familiar with the literature on anosagnosia  (a better
search term than "unaware of deficits", unfortunately!), check it out.
The evidence bearing on anatomical correlates (e.g. right hemisphere
stroke) to would seem to be relevant to the "organic" explanation.

What would you suspect as a "psychological" basis?  This might suggest
what the "psych" tests would focus on.

Frank LeFever
New York Neuropsychology Group