Looking for brain tumor information

Betty Martini betty at noel.pd.org
Tue Jun 17 18:05:19 EST 1997

Dear Tillison:  We keep a brain tumor registry on those who develop brain
tumors, with a history of aspartame (NutraSweet) use.  In original studies
aspartame triggered astrocytomas in rats.  This is the first stage of the
deadly glioblastoma now rampant in the population.  Dr. John Olney made
world news about it last fall.  It was expected since secret trade
inforamtion discussed in Congress made the mention that the phenylalanine
broke down to DKP (diketopiperazine) and if they told the FDA it might not
get  approved, in their words "have to consider complete conversion to
DKP".  And indeed when they gave it to lab animals they developed these
tumors, the reason why aspartame was kept off the market for 16 years.
The approval was because the FDA Commissioner who wouldn't approve it was
fired and Dr. Arthur Hull Hayes was appointed to do the ghastly deed.  He
over-ruled a Board of Inquiry that said not to do it and then went to work
for the PR firm of the manufacturer, Burston Marsteller.  A complete
expose on this PR firm is now in the new book TOXIC SLUDGE IS GOOD FOR
YOU.

To bring this up-to-date a translator said studies were done on humans in
South America for 12 to 18 months and unpublished.  They got participants
from poor villages, and they were dropping out with brain tumors and
seizures, two died.  Aspartame is a seizure triggering drug.  A physician
helped her in the translating and was fired because he got upset they
would not tell the public and remove it from the marketplace.

So many times its not that brain tumors are herditary, its just they are
using aspartame.  I just met a woman, heavy aspartame user, who developed
one of the astrocytomas, and she was pregnant and gave birth to a baby
with a brain tumor.  It was simply that she was taking a drug, aspartame,
that breaks kdown into DKP, a brain tumor agent.

We ask all people on aspartame to give us their case history, and
especially if they have these brain tumors we want to know about
it.

Regards,
Betty

For more information on aspartame email:    betty at pd.org
    TYPE:    sendme help        on the Subject Line
                          1. Take the 60-day No Aspartame Test and
  Mission Possible                send us your case history.
5950-H State Bridge Rd.   2. Tell your doctor and all of your friends!
     Suite 215            3. Return Asparcidal food to the store. Anything
 Duluth, GA 30155  USA       with Monsanto's NutraSweet/Equal/Spoonful
                                  or Benevia or NatraTaste
VISIT  http://www.dorway.com/possible.html  Get links to 29 other sites.
       http://www.tiac.net/users/mgold/aspartame/  FAQs/Toxicity Reports

    Disability and Death are not acceptable costs of business!